Q: Why my car sticks in gear

I have recently got oil changed on my Audi auto box CTV. Since changing gear revs up to 4 sticks then then changes. Iv been told it's sensors on my wheels that's causing this. Other thing been told not enough oil on box and thirdly been told the computer issue not registering speed. But didn't have this issue prior oil change. So what would you think ?

Hey there. This maybe related to many different transmission components such as a speed sensors, the transmission control solenoid or the module itself. The transmission control solenoid controls the flow of transmission fluid inside the transmission.

Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all.

The transmission control module has various sensors, such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform its function.

If you would like to have a local expert check this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shifting problem.