Q: Check Engine code P0170

asked by on February 23, 2016

The Check Engine light is on and is giving a code of P0170, which is the fuel system is too lean. I have changed out the O2 sensor and the MAF sensor, and the light is still on. I thinking my fuel system needs to be checked out.

Hi there. I see you’ve replaced the recommended parts that supplement the error code. Another reason why your vehicle maybe not be receiving sufficient fuel is because of a clogged or obstructed fuel filter and pump. When your vehicle gets close to having an empty tank it will pick up debris from the bottom of the tank clogging the flow of fuel to your engine. I’d suggest having a certified mechanic sent by YourMechanic come to your home or office to precisely diagnose the issue in person.