Q: Missing/Broken ECU - 1989 BMW 325i

What im afraid is that it im going to have to replace it and if so how much because it is a old car and all

If your ECM is failing or has failed, it shouldn’t be extremely difficult to find a good shop to rebuild or replace them. There are a number of electronic rebuilders who rebuild ECMs (w/warranty). Also, there are a number of BMW owner forums who are great at mutual support, and selling used parts that are affordable. Your model (E30 series) was/is one of the most popular series of all BMWs, with many vendors who support these owners.

3. Missing/Broken ECU - 1989 BMW 325i