I have code p1603 and p0882 .last year i replaced the com...

Q: I have code p1603 and p0882 .last year i replaced the computer because a mechanic said so I had same codes

asked by on August 20, 2017

p1603 p0882 code they came on when i was cycling the key on and off . and before that i hit a bump hard.last year i replaced the computer because of the same codes and a mechanic told me its bad.p1603 there are two possibility open fused ignition switch or bad pcm . how can i check the open circuit. the other think is i have to push the ignition switch to start the car . i replaced the ignition switch last year too. but still doing it . today i removed the ignition switch and tighten the pins by pushing the tabs down but still i have to push it to start the car

Hi there. The code that kind of indicates the root source of your problem is the P1603 - which is a Chrysler specific OBD-II trouble code that indicates PCM internal dual - port RM communication failure. This code typically occurs when the PCM has not be correctly reprogrammed by a dealer. Before you attempt any repairs or continue trying to trace your issue, I would recommend having this done or starting from scratch and purchasing a replacement PCM or have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical inspection to determine if it’s an open circuit issue.