Q: Locating and replacing my camshaft sensor - 2006 Pontiac Bonneville

I have a 2005 pontiac bonneville gxp 4.6 Liter and i am trying to locate and replace the camshaft postion sensor how do i get to my camshaft position sensor and do i need to remove anything to get to it ?

A: Hi there. The camshaft position sensor is l...

Hi there. The camshaft position sensor is located on the rear cylinder head closest to the firewall (exhaust camshaft). Some engine cover and other bracket removal is necessary. If you would like assistance with this, I would recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to replace the camshaft position sensor.