Q: When I step on the gas pedal the car doesn't move right away and there's a loud noise coming from the hood. What's wrong with the car?

When I step on the pedal the car doesn't move right away it has a delayed reaction.. There's a loud noise coming from the hood of the car..

Hi there. There could be lots of things that would make noises as the vehicle is trying to move. The most common could be the transmission making a noise. If the transmission is making the noise, then it could be slipping or the torque converter bolts could have come loose. The slipping would be more likely for the vehicle hesitates to move when demanded throttle. Check the level of the transmission fluid and make sure that it is full. You may have to change the transmission oil and filter. If you need further assistance with the noises and vehicle not moving right away when pushing on the gas pedal, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When I step on the gas pedal the car doesn't move right away and there's a loud noise coming from the hood. What's wrong with the car?