Q: hi i own a kia sorento 08 diesel. im having a problem when taking off. when i take off the response is very slow. then it kicks in

Hi I drive a Kia sorento diesel 08. Everytime I take off the cars response is very slow. And when it kicks in it blows a puff of smoke. But once its above 40kph. Its runs well but if i accelerate or try to over take fast it blows smoke. But mostly Its only when I stop and take off this happens. I know there is some delay due to being turbo but this is longer then most. I'm taking it in to have a look but I would like to know what could be causing this problem before I do that so I know what I'm talking about and a possible fix.. Things I want to have done are engine oil change and oil filter. Fuel filter change. A decarb done. Would any of this also fix my problem. There are also no leaks from any oils.

You will need to check to see if there is any stored codes in the computer along with the normal maintenance with air and fuel filters. You may have a faulty sensor or clogged filters or low fuel pressures.