Q: My car will only start in neutral and not park. Will it continue to start in neutral. 2003 Suzuki Aero

car wont start in park, will start in neutral, can not take it to dealer for couple weeks, will neutral start go out also do you think

Hello. It sounds like your transmission position sensor is failing. This sensor sends a signal to the computer to let it know what gear the vehicle is put in and allows the vehicle to start in park and neutral. It sounds like the park part has failed. It should continue to start in neutral as long as it does not fail completely. If you want to have this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it will not start in park] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-hard-to-start-inspection

• My car will only start in neutral and not park. Will it continue to start in neutral. 2003 Suzuki Aero