Q: How do you clear all information from the HandsFreeLink system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you clear all information from the HandsFreeLink system?

There may come a time when you need to wipe the information from your HandsFreeLink® (HFL) system. Perhaps you’re selling the car and don’t want that information going to the buyer. Maybe you’re passing the car down to your college student. Whatever the reason, wiping the information is easy. Here’s how:

1. Press the phone button

2. Choose phone setup and press the main control knob button

3. Choose system clear and push the button

4. Choose yes and then push the button again

5. You’ll see a notification – choose yes and push the button

6. You’ll now see a notification that all information was cleared

Tip

Clearing the system removes everything, including paired phones, stored names and numbers, speed dial entries, voice tags and more. Only clear the system if you are sure you want to remove ALL information from the HFL system.