Check engine light and vsa light on in 2009 Honda accord ...

Q: Check engine light and vsa light on in 2009 Honda accord won't accelerate over 20 mph

asked by on August 25, 2017

Vsa light is on and check engine light flashing cat will not accelerate pass 20mph

Hi there. It appears that you have a severe misfire/misfires. The VSC light illuminates when the check engine light is illuminated, by default. When the check engine light flashes, this means that there is what is called a catalyst damaging misfire occurring; this is a bad thing. The catalytic converter can ultimately be damaged and require replacement if your concern is not corrected; this can be very expensive. It sounds like you may have a failing ignition coil(s). There should be stored codes that may direct you to the cylinders where the misfire is occurring and diagnosis can proceed from there. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a (misfire inspection)[https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/engine-is-misfiring-inspection].