Q: Truck does not start

My truck will not start, though the engine tries to turn over. I have a brand new battery, the fuel pump and the fuses check out, and I switched the relays.

Hi. If the engine cranks normally but doesn’t start, most likely the engine is not getting fuel or spark. Just because you have fuel pressure from the pump doesn’t mean that fuel is getting to the engine. In modern vehicle, the powertrain control module (PCM) controls the fuel injectors. If for some reason the injectors are not be commanded on, fuel won’t get to the engine. Injector control (called injector pulse) can be checked with a noid light. The second thing to check for is spark. This can be done using an inline spark tester. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will diagnose the starting issue and repair your truck.

3. Truck does not start