Q: Wobbling fan

I have noticed a clunking sound every now and again while driving. It seems to be the works and low and idle speeds. After looking at the serpentine belt while the engine is on the fan seems to wobble a little and then go back in sync. Sometime it even stalls. Not sure what the best action is, drive to a shop or don't drive it at all?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be hap...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. I suggest, with the engine off, to try and move the fan up and down to see if there is any looseness in the water pump or in the fan clutch. If the fan wobbles from a loose fan clutch, then I recommend removing and replacing the fan clutch. If the water pump has bearing play, then replace the water pump and fan clutch. Hope this helps and best of luck. Please feel free to re-contact again if the issue still occurs, although I’m sure this is the case.