Q: Car is shaking violently

The Service Engine light is flashing. The car shakes violently and slowly accelerates.

Hello there. Service Engine Light flashes is an indicator that there is a multiple cylinder misfire taking place. A misfire can easily cause poor acceleration and vehicle shakes. Common causes of misfires are faulty ignition modules, cracked manifolds, or aged spark plugs. If the misfire is bad enough or it is not addressed soon enough, it may damage the catalytic convertor. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the acceleration problem your vehicle has and replace any damaged parts.