Q: Car doesn't always start right away

Sometimes my car won't start. I have to let it sit for a few minutes before it will start. It is also making some strange noises.

A: Hello. There could be a few issues causing ...

Hello. There could be a few issues causing a crank no start condition. You could have a sensor that is failing when it gets hot like the crank or camshaft sensor. A failing ECT sensor can also cause a crank no start. The vehicle should be connected to a scanner and checked for codes to see if a cause can be found. For this, I recommend having a certified mechanic diagnose your car’s starting issue and give you a recommendation for repair.