Q: My car won't start after new alternator, starter, and battery.

I was driving on the freeway and my car started to make a weird noise. Pulled over to the next lane for the next exit. It automatically died and locked up. I kicked it in neutral and forced it onto the shoulder. Roughly a week or two before that I replaced the alternator and it was running great. Within the past 2 days, I've replaced the battery and starter. The serpentine belt is fine. I'm not sure what else to do.

Hello, thank you for writing in. With a new starter, battery, and alternator (assuming you have not drained the battery attempting to start it), the starter should attempt to crank over the engine. If the starter does not make any noise when the key it turned to crank over the engine, you have an issue with the fuses, or the circuit. You may also have another engine issue that the computer has detected (maybe that caused the stalling?), and it may be stopping the engine from being started. For that reason, scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes to rule out a computer protection mode preventing starting. The starting circuit is not terribly complicated, and with a test light or voltmeter and a wiring diagram, you can trace the system and find out where you are loosing power. Make sure the battery cables, terminals, and ground connection are clean, dry, and tight. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car won't start after new alternator, starter, and battery.