Q: Loud noise from engine plus vibrations & shaking

When I’m driving, there is a loud noise coming from my car’s engine. When slowing down and then stopping at a red light, while the gear is still in Drive, the car literally vibrates and shakes. All during this vibrating, it is still making the loud noise from the engine. When I speed up, the engine sound gets even louder. Can you tell me what is causing this?

A: Hello. The excessive vibration may be due t...

Hello. The excessive vibration may be due to a faulty motor or transmission mount. The vibration likely can be coming from  the braking system as well. Warped rotors commonly cause such vibrations when stopping. 

The loud noise coming from the engine could be due to a leaking exhaust header causing the engine to sound much louder than normal. Especially being that the noise gets louder as you increase speed makes me more skeptical of a leaking exhaust. I suggest having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, examine the components listed to determine the cause of the noise from the engine and shaking and vibration issue.