Q: Key not releasing from ignition

My key is stuck in the ignition on my car. I am able to turn the steering wheel to the right to turn the car on, but I cannot turn it left, to release key.

A: Hello. You appear to have a worn safety shi...

Hello. You appear to have a worn safety shifter position switch, which requires the transmission be in Park to remove the key. Move the shift lever a few times firmly into the Park position, and re-enter your key. There is also the possibility that you have a worn key mechanism, which may need to be replaced. I suggest hiring a qualified specialist, such as one from YourMechanic, to properly determine the source and cause of your stuck key, and recommend the best path to repair.