Q: Key not releasing from ignition

My key is stuck in the ignition on my car. I am able to turn the steering wheel to the right to turn the car on, but I cannot turn it left, to release key.

Hello. You appear to have a worn safety shifter position switch, which requires the transmission be in Park to remove the key. Move the shift lever a few times firmly into the Park position, and re-enter your key. There is also the possibility that you have a worn key mechanism, which may need to be replaced. I suggest hiring a qualified specialist, such as one from YourMechanic, to properly determine the source and cause of your stuck key, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Key not releasing from ignition