Q: My car is making a straining/grinding noise only when I accelerate. Could there be a major issue?

My car is making a straining/grinding noise only when I accelerate. Could there be a major issue?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2013 Nissan Rogue. You may need to have moly grease applied to the axle hub splines. This will help with noise on acceleration. This is covered in manufacturer technical bulletin NTB-12-055E. If you need further help with this, your local dealer should be able to take a look at the noise and have this resolved. Alternatively, if you would not like to go to the dealer, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect the noise and assist with repair at your home or office.