Q: Acceleration problems when throttle applied

My car takes time to accelerate when the throttle is applied. It is kate shifting from first to second gear.

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the engine revs up fine, the problem is in your drivetrain (transmission) Check your transmission fluid and add as necessary and see if that helps. If it is extremely low, a leak may be present. Identify and repair leaks before condemning transmission. If the engine isn’t revving up, you may have an ignition issue. A severe misfire will cause poor acceleration and late shifting. A qualified technician, like the ones that YourMechanic can offer, assistance with any repairs for your car.