Q: Brake system issues

I have brake system problems on my car. Whenever I was driving, the brake pads would get the rotors scratched and the car would run roughly after just 15 minutes of driving. So, I had the brake pads replaced. But now the brakes seem to be rubbing. Also, there is a smoke coming from them and the car has difficulty accelerating. What should I do?

A: It sounds like you may have a brake caliper...

It sounds like you may have a brake caliper sticking which could be dangerous. The pads should be close to the rotors when the brakes are disengaged, but not making enough contact to squeal or drag. You should have this checked out as soon as possible to avoid any hazardous situations. If you would like to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your brake issue.