Q: 2012 Ford Focus Transmission Shudder Replaced

asked by on July 15, 2017

I am about to purchase a used 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback. The owner mentioned trouble with the transmission shudder. The clutch and transmission were replaced by a Ford dealership under warranty; should this fix the problem long-term?

Hi there. This is a very difficult question to give you a straight yes or no answer. The major problems with these vehicles is the design of the transmission and clutch pack, which is why they were recalled and replaced by the manufacturer. Although they have made some changes to the design, in most cases, they replace the old components with newer parts; designed the same however. Without knowing what and how they replaced the clutch and transmission, it’s hard to tell you for certain that it should be resolved.