Q: Clutch whining and the car stalls when the clutch is in - 2013 Subaru BRZ

this issue started 2 days ago before it was just a loud whine whenever i clutch in (disengaged) but now when i clutch in the car will drop idle and stall out what could be wrong? lubrication? throwout bearing? im not sure here is a video of the whine its a lot louder in person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVuYjDB0hQ

A: Hello. There are 2 possibilities for this w...

Hello. There are 2 possibilities for this whining: the clutch throwout bearing (as you suggest) or the pilot bearing. If either of them are failing, they can both whine or cause a rotational noise, and they put additional drag on the engine while the clutch pedal is pressed, potentially causing the stalling you are experiencing. In both cases, the transmission (or engine) must be removed to repair this.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the exact source of the noise and point you in the right direction for the necessary repair.