Q: Clutch blown out

I was going through a green light and my car just stopped/died! It wouldn't start even after using jumper cables nor anything else a nice passer-by tried to do. He knew some about cars, but couldn't find what was wrong, so I had it towed. What do you think the problem is?

A: With Acura cars, there are several common c...

With Acura cars, there are several common components that can have a catastrophic failure due to age. The igniter, ignition coil, main relay, and distributor rotors are all common components. When these components fail, they typically just stop working with no warning. To see if the vehicles starts properly again, replacing these components will be needed. Each component should be check and verified for safe operation before being replaced. Also, these are all just common components that will fail with an aging Acura. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to restore engine operation.