Q: Cost to repair cracked transmission cover after item hit skid plate 2015 Acura MDX

I am told something hit the skid plate and dented it and hurt some fasteners and that maybe there is transmission fluid leaking due to a a cracked transmission cover yet only a slight grinding noise when car goes from zero to 5/10 mph. Yet none of the warning lights came on and the fluid level looks normal. Acura MDX 2015

Hi there - I recommend a transmission inspection ASAP to confirm and evaluate any damage from this impact. Even if not leaking now, if something is fractured or cracked, a major fluid loss and repair could lurk around the corner. This inspection will performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Cost to repair cracked transmission cover after item hit skid plate 2015 Acura MDX