Q: Battery good, but car won't start.

My car will not start. The battery is good. The car has not been driven much the last 6 months and this problems started about two weeks ago. It makes a weird noise after I turn the key off. The lights and radio work.

The battery may be bad to the point it cannot operate the starter but had enough power to run the radio or lights. The starter will need about 100 to 200 amps to turn it properly, but a radio or lights only need less than 20 amps. You may also have a starter issue if the battery checks okay. I recommend you have a mechanic, like the certified ones from YourMechanic, come to you and check and diagnose your starting problem.