Q: How do I test my fuel pump shut off switch to see if it bad?

Is there a way to test the fuel pump shut off switch

Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to help.

You can do test your fuel pump shut off switch two different ways.

The first is using a test light or volt meter back probe connector on one pink wire and turn key on to see if you have power. Turn the key off and probe other side of connector and turn key on again to see if power is received. If you have power on both sides then switch is good.

The second way to test it is to disconnect the connector and, using an OHM meter, measure the resistance between pins. You should have good connection.

If you do need to replace your fuel pump shut off switch, considering having a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the service for you.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. How do I test my fuel pump shut off switch to see if it bad?