Q: Car won't start

asked by on October 05, 2016

My son ran the car out of gas, he put gas in it, and tried to start the car and it won't start. It's been sitting for 4 days now and we have tried to figure out what is going on. The fuel pump is working, and there is gas in the car, how can I get it started running again?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Quite often when the vehicle runs out of gas, especially on electronic fuel injected vehicles, the fuel pump may not have the required pressure to deliver gasoline to the fuel rail. In most cases a professional mechanic can complete a fuel pump pressure check to diagnose this problem before replacing the components. It’s a good idea to have one of our local mechanics visit you to complete an onsite inspection to determine exactly what’s wrong with your engine. Hope this helps and best of luck!