Q: Inside door handle won't open door

The driver's inside door handle does not open the door. When I used the switch that is located on the door to unlock the door, I heard a clunk.

A: Hello. The door latch is the common cause o...

Hello. The door latch is the common cause of this on your vehicle. The latch fails and breaks causing the handle to not do anything when you try opening it. It may be the handle itself, but that is not as common. A mechanic would typically remove the door panel first to inspect for any broken parts and then it can be diagnosed from there. If you require a door latch replacement or an interior handle replacement consider having a certified mechanic, such as YourMechanic, perform these services at your location.