Q: Dashboard gauges don't work

My gauges on my dashboard don’t work - oil, temperature and amp. But my dashboard lights and gas gauge work. So I decided to change the temperature sending unit, because the needle pegged when it was grounded. But that didn’t help the issue. The feed wire has 12 volts when the ignition is on. And I have checked the ground straps on the driver’s side of the truck running from the frame to the firewall and on the passenger side running from the engine to the firewall. What else could you recommend? Help is needed.

A: There is still a ground path problem from t...

There is still a ground path problem from the engine to the instrument cluster, whether through the chassis or not. Might be worth running a new ground wire directly from the engine block to the ground connector on the instrument cluster in the dash. If you need help having this done, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical system and resolve the issue.