Q: How are transmission cooling lines disconnected on the radiator?

asked by on December 30, 2016

how are transmission cooling lines disconnected when they run between radiator & cooling coil ? I am replacing the radiator on my 2004 Cadillac SRX 4.6 v8. cannot remove rad. without cooling coil. Do lines have to cut the lines?

Hi there. The lines that attach to the radiator are either connected by a threaded pipe fitting or a compression type pipe fitting. The compression type fitting will need to be pushed in before removing the line. If you need further assistance with removing the transmission cooler lines, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.