Q: Clutch difficult to press

I have trouble changing gears while driving my car. When I attempt to change gears, I must press the clutch to the limit so that it would work. It is very hard to press but it is not slipping or anything similar. However, it is very unusual how difficult it is to press it and I haven't had any similar issues while driving other vehicles. What could I do to make it work better? Thanks.

A: The problem you are describing sounds like ...

The problem you are describing sounds like you have a pressure plate that may have a broken spring or the release bearing is binding on the transmission nose cone. I would recommend having the clutch system bled out and new fluid put in to try and see if the system may have air in it. I still think the clutch may have to be replaced. To have this verified, I recommend having a certified technician inspect your clutch issue in person to determine how to proceed with a repair.