Q: Water Pump is leaking

asked by on December 21, 2016

My water pump is leaking so the car wont stay hot, when replacing the water pump for a heat do i have to change thethermostat and

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1141.02 Get a Quote

Hi there.. A leaking water pump is no joke and could lead to serious engine damage if use is continued; blown cylinder head gaskets, cracked cylinder heads, etc.. This needs to be replaced as soon as possible. The thermostat can be replaced as a maintenance item or when it has failed; I would rather replace the thermostat before it fails as a maintenance item with the water pump instead of being on the side of the road with an overheated engine; the choice is truly yours. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and determine any maintenance needs. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a coolant leak inspection and a water pump replacement.