Q: Water Pump is leaking

My water pump is leaking so the car wont stay hot, when replacing the water pump for a heat do i have to change thethermostat and

Hi there.. A leaking water pump is no joke and could lead to serious engine damage if use is continued; blown cylinder head gaskets, cracked cylinder heads, etc.. This needs to be replaced as soon as possible. The thermostat can be replaced as a maintenance item or when it has failed; I would rather replace the thermostat before it fails as a maintenance item with the water pump instead of being on the side of the road with an overheated engine; the choice is truly yours. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and determine any maintenance needs. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a coolant leak inspection and a water pump replacement.