Q: Forceful jerking while driving - 2008 Volkswagen Touareg

While I am driving my my Touareg SUV I experience an intermittent forceful jerking. Do you know this is and what can be done to fix it?

Jerking is a little too vague to precisely narrow in on the issues. Does it happen at high, low, or both speeds? Does it happen while driving straight or while turning? Does it happen while braking or acceleration? The issue could be suspension, out-of-balance tires, bad alignment, a stuck brake pad, or even a bad wear pattern on your tires. The jerking could even be described deeper. Does the vehicle bounce up and down? Does the vehicle jerk left and right, or just in one direction? What is the frequency of the jerking? Does this happen often, constantly, or occasionally while driving? If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can test your car and diagnose the jerking issue more precisely in person.