Q: I can hear the grinding sound when I stop and drive again.

The sound is from around like front right side. after i stop driving, and i start to drive and accelerate the pedal, i can hear the sound like grinding sound. I have sound file that i recorded. and i just hear it sometimes.

A: Hello. The symptoms you describe are common...

Hello. The symptoms you describe are commonly associated with worn brakes. When the brakes are applied, the brake calipers compress the brake pads against the rotors to slow the vehicle. Over time, the brake pads and rotors will eventually wear out and need to be replaced. As they approach the end of their service life, brakes will usually begin to make squeaking noises, which will eventually progress into grinding or scraping sounds. If the wear is considerable, the brakes may produce a noise even without the brakes applied. If the sound is intermittent then it may be possible that the brakes are near the end of their service life, and not past it.

As the brakes are very important to overall vehicle safety, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose the noisy brakes and proceed with repairs.