Q: Vehicle does not move when pressing the accelerator

Pressed the gas pedal and car didn't move forward. It rather rolled backwards cause was on a hilly place.. what cold have happene Want to schedule inspection for my car especially the gas pedal , the brakes and the battery

Hello. If your accelerator pedal is no longer working to accelerate your vehicle then it may be possible that your vehicle’s throttle cable has snapped. The accelerator pedal is connected to the throttlebody via a steel cable that can sometimes break. When it does, it can leave the vehicle without a functioning accelerator, rendering the vehicle undriveable. If this is the case you may find that the accelerator pedal has little or no tension or response when stepped on. If the brakes did not respond when stepped on then that may indicate that there is a problem with the brake system. This can be caused by a wide variety of reasons, ranging from a vacuum leak, to a faulty brake master cylinder. If it appears that the brakes and accelerator are not functioning properly I would refrain from driving the vehicle until the issues are addressed. A professional technician from YourMechanic, can visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the issue.

3. Vehicle does not move when pressing the accelerator