Q: I have a 2004 525 BMW and the " engine malfunction " light came on

I have a 2004 525 and the engine malfunction light came on while trying to start my 07 Honda starter issue. The message said reduced speed and drive moderate it could affect catalytic converter. I did a few google messages and it said to let rest for 20-30 min and it should be ok.

The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the engine or transmission in your vehicle and will usually come on in conjunction with the vehicle going into the reduced power mode. This happens when the vehicle computer detects something wrong with the engine or transmission that may potentially cause further damage or present a safety issue. It is important to have this diagnosed as soon as possible as it could range from something minor to something more serious. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons for this light to come on and the best way to diagnose is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner which will download the engine fault codes indicating more specifically what may be wrong. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. I have a 2004 525 BMW and the " engine malfunction " light came on