Q: Engine stalling at low speeds while shifting from first gear to second gear and reverse, with P2757 code

My car has 250,000 miles. When I'm driving at low speeds, stopping and going a lot in the traffic, the car would start shuddering when I shift from first gear to second gear. Also, after a longer ride, when I park and shift into reverse, the engine starts stalling. This occurs in the snow mode when I'm stopping the car. I've had the issue for a while that started when the car was stalling and the P2757 code showed. The issue persists even though I got my transmission rebuit. At the dealership, they didn't find anything. The issue is with the computer according to the people who did the transmission rebuilding. What should I do?

A: P2757 indicates a torque converter clutch s...

P2757 indicates a torque converter clutch solenoid control circuit issue. If the transmission has been rebuilt, then wiring between the control unit and the transmission may be faulty. The harness connector from the wiring harness to the transmission needs to be checked to be sure the connector is free of contamination. Another possibility could be a faulty torque converter. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic or service center to assess your stalling issue and determine what is causing the problem.