Q: CAR ONLY STAYS ON WHILE HOLDING KEY AS SOON AS I LET GO OF KEY CAR SHUTS OFF

IS THIS A IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER PROBLEM OR A IGNITION SWITCH PROBLEM

A: The ignition switch is going to be the most...

The ignition switch is going to be the most common failure for the ignition loosing contact in the run position of the switch. If you can hold the ignition in a position toward start position and can keep it running without the starter engaging then the problem is inside the ignition switch. Replace the ignition switch on the steering column and retest. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help inspect your difficulties starting your vehicle, or replace the ignition switch for you.