Q: Vibration and whirring sound from car

asked by on March 17, 2016

I can feel a vibration through the steering wheel and gas pedal. I can also hear a whirring sound.

I think what you may be feeling is a dry spot in one of your wheel bearings. This could produce the sound you are hearing and is also connected to your steering system. Therefore, the vibration could transfer through suspension parts up to the steering wheel. I would recommend having your suspension system inspected by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to ensure the problem gets diagnosed correctly. If the bearing is found to be bad, have it replaced as soon as possible in order to prevent damage to other suspension components.