Q: Been having problems with the a/c in my 2006 Mazda 5 sometimes it works and sometimes it don't for the pass 6 days. Today my husb

This past Sunday it sounded as if something was spraying out of the vehicle while in park. Then the a/c stops blowing cold air and started blowing warm air. Has been doing that for the past 6 days now. Now today my husband decides hes going to check the fuses instead of turning the car off he pulls a light blue fuse now the check engine light is on.

Whether the check engine light illuminated due to pulling the fuse you refer to will not be known until a mechanic can perform a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the light to set. Once the codes are known, the mechanic can better advise you.

With regard to the air conditioning system, there are quite a few things that can go wrong with the A/C system and so the best thing to do is request an air conditioning system inspection. The responding certified mechanic will come to your location, pinpoint the fault and get this resolved for you. The possibilities that might account for the problems you are experiencing range from a stuck heater control valve to a malfunctioning expansion valve, low state of charge, refrigerant leaks, faulty cooling fans on the condenser, faulty controls, switches, or sensors, A/C compressor clutch malfunctions and the compressor itself could be faulty. The only way to pin it down is to get the system professionally inspected and diagnosed. Once diagnosed, the mechanic will be in a position to give you a repair strategy to get the A/C system fully functioning and he or she will estimate the cost of the required repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Been having problems with the a/c in my 2006 Mazda 5 sometimes it works and sometimes it don't for the pass 6 days. Today my husb