Q: Car vibration

Hello, I have a 2012 Honda civic LX automatic transmission with 46755 miles on it. When the car is on drive and I have the foot on the brake (car is not moving) you feel a vibration in the car specially in the steering wheel and doors but if I press the rear defrost button, turn AC or hear on or if I turn the headlights on, the vibration stop completely but if I turn them off or press another button that isn't the rear defrost, then it starts the vibration again. I took it to the dealer for them to check it out but they said it's normal and I told them that it's not normal because I never had this problem before since I bought the car with 11,000 miles, they even check the engine mounts but they are good, so I really appreciate it any help, thanks !

Your car has some of the most sophisticated Motor Mounts in the business. It may even have a variable motor mount that has a vacuum line going to it. When the car is idling, the engine vacuum opens a valve in the hydraulic mount that makes it a little softer. They do get harder as time goes by, but only in such a gradual fashion that the only person that notices is the person who has been driving the car regularly. The reason the vibration smooths out when you turn on the AC or defroster is that when you turn on the power consuming accessories, the idle speed kicks up a little to compensate. You can take the car back to the dealer and ask them to please check the mounts again, or you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your car and if necessary, replace the motor mounts right there on the spot.

3. Car vibration