Q: What happens if vent blows out foam insulation

Turned Tahoe on today after it set in sun al day at beach . Heard a crackle sound from back seat area then little pieces of blackinsulatitiln blew into front seat

A: When your car was put together the A/C duct...

When your car was put together the A/C ducts and blend doors had a small foam strip attached to them to seal them better. As the vehicle ages, the foam strips’ glue will dry out and they will start to fall off and blow out small pieces out the vents. Unless you want to tear apart all the dash vents and replace all the foam strips, then I would just let it blow. If you notice that it’s getting really bad, then you may want to have the ventilation checked by a certified technician to make sure that something worse in not occurring.