Q: New alternator works fine. Test is fine but battery light in dash is still on. How come?

2004 toyota tundra replaced alternator because it failed. Did test after new install, everything is up to specs but battery light in dash is still on. Can you tell me what it means?

Hello there, the battery light on your 2004 Toyota Tundra is there to warn you that the alternator output is out of specifications. If the alternator output is to low or high, the light will be on. The alternator output will need to be tested with a load test to determine if other issues are present. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the battery light and perform any repairs that are required.

3. New alternator works fine. Test is fine but battery light in dash is still on. How come?