Q: Replaced the 02 sensor on my E46 and cel came on again with p1189 code again

I have changed spark plugs, 02 sensors, fuel filter, coils, maf, and cam shaft sensors on the car. Most recently was 02 sensors , cel come on with p1189 code again. What else should I do?

Hi there. The problem with BMW-specific OBD-II codes is that they are unbelievably vague, In this case, the P1189 code indicates a fuel control fault detected from Bank 2 sensor 1. This does not automatically mean the O2 sensor is at fault. In fact, the most common cause of this code is a vacuum leak. It is also common for the electrical harness that is attached to the upstream O2 sensor to wear out overtime, which can also trigger this same trouble code. As much as I’d like to recommend having one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to determine where the fault exists, it might be better for you to contact a BMW specialist. However, before you do, inspect the electrical harness to the O2 sensor and also check for a vacuum leak to see if this resolves your issue.

3. Replaced the 02 sensor on my E46 and cel came on again with p1189 code again