Q: Looking for a ohms / resistance chart for the water thermal sensor switch on a 1985 toyota celica.

Want to test the water thermal sensor switch on my 1985 Toyota celica. Know how to test but don't know the acceptable ranges. Any chance you can point me to a chart?

A: Hi there. Get a digital ohm meter and chec...

Hi there. Get a digital ohm meter and check the resistance on the coolant temperature sensor (water thermal sensor). You are looking for readings that are more than 200 ohms in variance between a cold and a warm engine. If you do not see anything that is more than 200 ohms in difference, the coolant temperature sensor is defective and will need to be replaced. If you need further assistance with diagnosing the thermal sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.