Q: Car losing coolant fast.

I think I might have a blown head gasket. I had a bad thermostat. Suffice to say the car overheated and the engine was damaged. I replaced the thermostat, and the car still drives okay, but I have to add water to the radiator constantly.

A: Hello, if you don’t see any exterior leaks,...

Hello, if you don’t see any exterior leaks, then you most likely have a blown head gasket. Pull your engine oil dipstick and see if it looks like oil or chocolate milk. If it looks like chocolate milk the gasket is blown and I would not recommend driving the car to avoid any further damage to the engine. Since you keep adding water and the oil is good the head gasket is leaking and need to be replaced. This should be done sooner than later to avoid any further engine damage. With the head removed, the head should be sent out to surfaced since it will be warped. Failing to do this will ultimately result in another head gasket failure quite quickly.