Q: Sqealing noise EPC light

My Eos started to make the most awful squealing noise when driving. And it continues to squeal and hasn’t stopped! My Electronic Power Control light came on telling me, “Authorized Dealership For VW 2012 Eos.” What does this mean and can you help me fix it?

Hello. It sounds like it may have a failing alternator. If the alternator is failing or if the belt is loose due to a bad belt tensioner then this will occur. I would check and see if the belt is tight first. If it is fine then the alternator needs to be checked.

If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose the sound you’re hearing and make any replacements that are necessary.

3. Sqealing noise EPC light