Q: PO700 code. Check engine light not on. Brake and ABS lights flash at start, then turn off.

Check engine light not on. Brake and ABS lights flash at start, then turn off. Runs fine when in drive. Rough transition when stopped between drive and reverse.

Hi there. The P0700 trouble code indicates an issue with the vehicle’s transmission control system. This code is a general code, and will usually come accompanied with other, more specific, transmission related codes. A few possible causes are issues with shift solenoids, issues with the transmission valve body, an open or short in the wiring, or a faulty transmission control module. It may also be possible that the issue is related to the speed sensors. Before you decide to take your car to a mechanic, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an inspection to attempt to pinpoint the source of this shifting issue.

• PO700 code. Check engine light not on. Brake and ABS lights flash at start, then turn off.