Q: What does trouble code P0325 mean?

My code says knock sensor 1 "b1 circuit." What does that mean? Is it worth fixing?

Scott

Hi there - P0325 is a Knock Sensor Malfunction. Knock sensors provide a significant function in a modern engine. A failure of the engine knock sensor is a somewhat risky issue. Modern engine have fairly high compression ratios, all in the name of maximizing fuel efficiency and power. This makes for high cylinder pressure during combustion, and makes the engine more likely to experience "pre-detention" or knocking. The knock sensor is critical in detecting this, and retarding engine timing to avoid this destructive issue. If it is essential to drive a few days with this problem, take care to keep your foot out of the gas as much as possible. Yes, it absolutely needs to be repaired to avoid engine damage, and improve efficiency. I would replace the knock sensor as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this is not a service YourMechanic offers at this point in time. Thanks for thinking of us!

3. What does trouble code P0325 mean?