Q: My 03 Chevy Malibu it starts and runs for about 3 seconds then it dies.

I have an 03 chevy Malibu it starts and runs for about 3 seconds then it dies..I just replaced the egr valve but that didn't fix the problem.. any suggestions??

Hi there. There could be an issue with the EVAP canister purge solenoid. The solenoid causes excessive pressure in the fuel tank and can cause the engine to stall out. If the EVAP canister purge solenoid is working properly, then check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail and make sure that there is 35 psi or more. If there is good fuel pressure at all times, then check the spark plugs and wires and see if there are any burned spots. Burn marks on the spark plugs mean that the spark plug is getting too hot as if there is not enough fuel to burn. Replace the necessary parts to make your engine run correctly. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My 03 Chevy Malibu it starts and runs for about 3 seconds then it dies.